Kearns recalled by San Jose
The San Jose Sharks announced Monday that the club has recalled forward Bracken Kearns from the Worcester Sharks, the team's top development affiliate in the American Hockey League.
At the time of his recall, Kearns was leading Worcester in scoring among active players with 30 points (13 goals, 17 assists) and 63 penalty minutes in 50 games. Current Sharks forward Tim Kennedy leads all Worcester players this season in scoring with 37 points.
Kearns is the 22nd participant in the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic to be recalled to the National Hockey League since the Jan. 27-28 event.
Kearns appeared in five NHL games with Florida in the 2011-12 season, posting 10 penalty minutes.
The 6-foot-1, 205-pound native of North Vancouver, B.C., signed his first NHL contract with Phoenix on July 6, 2010.
- Peters, Mueller among five signed by Coyotes
- Canucks ink Megna, Chaput, Rendulic, Billins
- Devils sign Camper, MacWilliam
- Avalanche sign eight
- Detroit agrees to terms with Lorito, Street, Pasquale
- Predators sign defenseman Irwin
- Blackhawks agree to terms with Abbott
- Sabres sign Falk, Fedun