Kings assign Stewart to Manchester
The 2012 Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings, the parent club of the Manchester Monarchs, have assigned forward Anthony Stewart to the Monarchs.
Stewart was acquired by the Kings from the Carolina Hurricanes on Jan. 13, and has not played a game yet this season. Stewart has recorded 27 goals and 44 assists for 71 points and 123 penalty minutes in 262 National Hockey League games for the Florida Panthers, Atlanta Thrashers and Hurricanes.
A first-round draft pick by Florida (25th overall) in 2003, Stewart has played in 207 career AHL games with San Antonio, Rochester and Chicago, totaling 41 goals and 56 assists for 97 points. He also has 11 goals and three assists in 19 career Calder Cup Playoff games.
- AHL Live announces early-bird deals
- Cup champs Berube, O'Neill on move
- AHL announces staff addition
- Gulls a boon to youth hockey in San Diego
- 2015 preseason schedule and results
- Condon's time is now
- AHL announces suspensions
- Flames acquire Hamilton from Colorado