Kings recall ace rookie Toffoli
The Los Angeles Kings, 2012 Stanley Cup champions and the top affiliate of the Manchester Monarchs, have recalled right wing Tyler Toffoli from the Monarchs.
Toffoli, 20, has played in 55 regular-season games with the Monarchs this season and ranks first among AHL rookies and second overall in the AHL with 28 goals, as well as tied for first among rookies with 48 points. Toffoli is also first among all rookie forwards with a plus-20 rating on the season.
Originally selected by the Kings in the second round (47th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the 6-foot-1, 187-pound native of Scarborough, Ont., is the 25th participant in the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic to have been recalled to the National Hockey League since the event took place Jan. 27-28.
- Falcons come out the victor in high-scoring affair
- Ness a true team leader for Bridgeport
- Five-point night for Miele powers Griffins over Toronto
- Pouliot off and running with WBS Penguins
- Kostopoulos, Fortunus to captain All-Stars
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Wolves sign Eager to AHL deal
- Callahan looks 'to be great every night' for Griffins