Kostopoulos re-signs with WBS Penguins
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have re-signed Tom Kostopoulos to an American Hockey League contract for the 2014-15 season.
Kostopoulos, 35, will return for his seventh season with the Penguins organization after leading the team this past season in goals (22) and points (47). He also ranked third on Wilkes-Barre/Scranton with 25 assists in 71 games.
Kostopoulos is the organization’s all-time leader in games played (406), goals (122), assists (178) and points (300). He is also atop of the Penguins’ postseason lists with 48 points (15 goals, 33 assists) and 68 games played.
A 15-year veteran, Kostopoulos has skated in 630 NHL games with Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Montreal, Carolina, Calgary and New Jersey, totaling 61 goals, 96 assists and 157 points. He was originally drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the seventh round of the 1999 NHL Entry Draft.
Kostopoulos has appeared in 470 career AHL games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Manchester, totaling 147 goals and 224 assists for 371 points.
- Blue Jackets sign Gibbons
- Hensick looking for another fresh start
- Laxdal eager for chance with Stars
- Emotional Mann returns to Hershey
- Capitals sign Kennedy, Newbury
- Hurricanes sign Holmstrom
- Flames sign Thiessen, Acolatse, Tousignant
- Rangers agree to terms with Tarnasky