Krug recalled by Boston
The Boston Bruins announced Tuesday that they have recalled defenseman Torey Krug from Providence (AHL).
Krug skated in two games with Boston this season and he recorded one assist. In his NHL career, Krug has skated in three games with Boston and has notched two assists.
Thus far in the AHL Calder Cup Playoffs, Krug has appeared in all seven games for Providence, recording three assists and a team-high 26 shots on net.
Krug skated in 63 regular-season games with Providence in 2012-13 and registered 13 goals and 32 assists for 45 points with 37 penalty minutes. The 21-year-old led all Providence defensemen in goals, assists and points. Overall, Krug finished third on the P-Bruins in assists, fourth in points, and tied for fourth in goals.
The 5-foot-9, 180-pound Krug hails from Livonia, Mich., and was signed as a free agent by the Bruins on March 25, 2012.
- Wolves rally for wild win in Grand Rapids
- Senators beat Markstrom, Comets
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York