Lehigh Valley signs Hextall to AHL deal
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, have signed right wing Brett Hextall to an AHL contract for the 2014-15 season.
Hextall is the son of Philadelphia Flyers general manager Ron Hextall, and represents the fourth generation of professional hockey players in his family. His great-grandfather, Hockey Hall of Famer Bryan Hextall, played for the Philadelphia Ramblers during the American Hockey League's inaugural season in 1936-37.
Brett, 26, has played the past three seasons for the Portland Pirates after being selected by Phoenix in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. Last season, he set personal bests with 11 goals, 12 assists and 23 points in 59 games played.
On his AHL career, all with the Pirates, he has played in 197 games scoring 27 goals and 26 assists for 53 points.
Hextall played collegiately at the University of North Dakota.
- 2014 preseason schedule set
- Bulldogs' ice maker keeps his cool
- Jurco hoping to stick in Detroit
- Meech overcame health scare to win Cup
- Allen returns to Rampage, reunites with Rowe
- Travis Morin's day with the Cup
- Devils add Cunniff to coaching staff
- Stolarz coming off strong junior season