Lightning recall Gudas
The Tampa Bay Lightning have recalled defenseman Radko Gudas from the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League.
Gudas, 22, has skated in 57 games this season with the Crunch, notching four goals and 20 points as well as a league-leading plus-32 rating. He also ranks fourth in the league with 207 penalty minutes.
Gudas becomes the 27th participant in the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic to have been recalled to the National Hockey League since the event took place Jan. 27-28.
A third-year pro from Prague, Czech Republic, Gudas has 15 goals, 42 assists, 567 penalty minutes and a plus-66 rating in 206 career AHL games with Syracuse and Norfolk. He was a member of the Admirals' Calder Cup championship team in 2012.
Gudas, who was drafted by the Lightning in the third round, 66th overall, of the 2010 NHL Draft, is looking to make his NHL debut.
- Avalanche, Bruins make trade
- Bruins, Wild trade AHL forwards
- Ducks get Sgarbossa from Avs for Clark
- Canucks acquire Baertschi from Flames
- Sabres acquire Nevins from Montreal
- Blue Jackets add Karlsson, Bourque, Falk
- Panthers, Lightning reassign AHL players
- Leggio traded to Arizona