Lightning sign Blunden
The Tampa Bay Lightning, parent club of the AHL's Syracuse Crunch, have signed right wing Mike Blunden to a one-year, two-way contract.
Blunden, 6-foot-4, 216 pounds, played 68 games in the AHL with Hamilton in 2013-14, registering 18 goals and 19 assists for 37 points. He also skated in seven NHL games with Montreal.
A native of Toronto, Ont., Blunden has appeared in 379 career AHL games with Hamilton, Springfield, Syracuse, Rockford and Norfolk, posting 83 goals and 104 assists for 187 points. He also has four goals and four assists in 102 NHL games with Montreal, Columbus and Chicago.
Blunden was drafted by Chicago in the second round, 43rd overall, at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- IceHogs' Danault finding his niche
- Hoffman hoping to stick in Ottawa
- Paek to lead Korean hockey program
- Veilleux joins Norfolk as assistant coach
- AHL time has served Connolly well
- Blues sign Welsh
- Milwaukee signs Grant, Madore
- Prospects in goal bode well for Sabres