Lightning sign Corrente
The Tampa Bay Lightning, parent club of the AHL's Syracuse Crunch, have signed defenseman Matt Corrente to a one-year, two-way contract.
Corrente, 26, skated in 72 games with the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League last season, collecting two goals and 11 points to go along with 136 penalty minutes. He tied for first on the Checkers for plus/minus with a plus-9 rating, and led all Charlotte skaters for penalty minutes.
The 6-foot, 205-pound native of Mississauga, Ont., has appeared in 235 career AHL games with Lowell/Albany and Charlotte, registering 15 goals and 45 assists for 60 points along with 486 PIM. Corrente has also skated in 34 career NHL games, all with New Jersey, posting six assists and 68 penalty minutes.
Corrente was originally drafted by New Jersey in the first round, 30th overall, at the 2006 NHL Draft.
- IceHogs' Danault finding his niche
- Hoffman hoping to stick in Ottawa
- Paek to lead Korean hockey program
- Veilleux joins Norfolk as assistant coach
- AHL time has served Connolly well
- Blues sign Welsh
- Milwaukee signs Grant, Madore
- Prospects in goal bode well for Sabres