Lightning sign Walker
The Tampa Bay Lightning, parent club of the AHL's Syracuse Crunch, have signed forward Geoff Walker to a one-year, two-way contract.
Walker, 25, skated in 51 games last season with the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League, collecting five goals and 20 points to go along with 55 penalty minutes.
The Charlottetown, P.E.I., native has skated in 226 career AHL games with the Manchester Monarchs, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Monsters, recording 39 goals and 108 points to go along with 326 penalty minutes. Walker set career highs for goals (18), assists (26), points (44) and penalty minutes (114) during the 2011-12 season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
He has also appeared in 24 career Calder Cup playoff games, registering two goals and nine points.
- Flames expecting big things from Baertschi
- Helmer reflects on epic career
- Monsters name Ladouceur assistant coach
- Wolves sign six-time All-Star Locke
- Bulldogs sign Hamilton native Schiestel
- VIDEO: Griffins' Calder Cup run (Part 3)
- Predators sign two-time AHL All-Star Rodney
- Griffins sign McIntyre to AHL pact