Longpre returning to Wolves
The Chicago Wolves announced on Thursday that they have signed forward Nathan Longpre.
Longpre posted 11 goals and 10 assists for 21 points in 59 games between Chicago and Springfield last season. He began his rookie campaign with the Wolves before being traded to the Falcons on Feb. 28, 2012.
The 24-year-old forward played four seasons at Robetr Morris University, setting a career high with 42 points in 33 games as a senior in 2010-11.
Longpre, a native of Peterborough, Ont., made his professional debut late that season, competing in eight contests with the AHL’s Worcester Sharks.
- Falcons equipment manager reaching 3,000 games
- Fans win in first game at PPL Center
- Worcester signs defenseman Taormina
- Johnson, Palat seek to build on breakout seasons
- Morin looking to contribute with Dallas
- AHL partners with Upper Deck
- Fraser's goal: Score spot with Bruins
- Marchessault fitting right in