Markstrom headed to Vancouver
The Vancouver Canucks have acquired goaltender Jacob Markstrom and center Shawn Matthias from the Florida Panthers in exchange for goaltender Roberto Luongo and left wing Steven Anthony.
Markstrom, 24, has played 29 games with the AHL's San Antonio Rampage in 2013-14, posting a record of 12-11-3 with a 2.56 goals-against average, a .918 save percentage and two shutouts. On Monday, the native of Gavle, Sweden, was named the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for February after going 4-1-1 (1.31, .954) in seven appearances.
Markstrom is 61-58-7 with a 2.64 GAA, a .917 save percentage and seven shutouts in 131 AHL appearances over four pro seasons with San Antonio and Rochester. A second-round pick (31st overall) by Florida in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Markstrom has also made 43 career National Hockey League appearances with the Panthers, including 12 this season.
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension
- Williams spreads winning wisdom
- Portland signs Bissonnette to PTO
- Bibeau's solid start not a surprise