Marlies clinch playoff berth
The defending Western Conference champions will have a chance to repeat.
The Toronto Marlies clinched a berth in the 2013 Calder Cup Playoffs on Friday night when the Rockford IceHogs completed a 7-3 victory over the Chicago Wolves.
The Marlies will be in the postseason for the fifth time in their eight-year history and the second consecutive spring under head coach Dallas Eakins. Last year, Toronto got past Rochester, Abbotsford and Oklahoma City to win the Western Conference championship, before falling to Norfolk in the Calder Cup Finals.
Toronto is the sixth team to secure a spot in the 16-team playoff field.
- 2015 All-Star tickets to go on sale
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension