Marlies moving on
|Game 3 (OT)|
For the second year in a row, the Toronto Marlies have swept the Rochester Americans out of the Calder Cup Playoffs.
Will Acton deflected home a point shot by Kevin Marshall at 5:14 of overtime on Wednesday night to give the Marlies a 3-2 victory in Game 3 at the Blue Cross Arena.
After a scoreless first period, Greg Scott scored his fifth goal of the series at 6:19 of the second period, a shorthanded tally.
Zemgus Girgensons answered with his third goal of the series at 14:20, but Greg McKegg put Toronto back in front heading into the third period.
Nick Tarnasky forced overtime, scoring the tying goal for the Amerks with just 4:03 remaining in regulation.
Drew MacIntyre (3-0) made 37 saves for Toronto. David Leggio (0-2) turned aside 25 shots for Rochester.
The Marlies, who won 22 of 26 regular-season and playoff meetings with the Americans over the last two seasons, were 16-for-16 on the penalty kill in the series.
- Crunch push Penguins to the brink
- Barons-Griffins postponed by storms
- Providence pipeline paying off for Boston
- Stars GM White earns promotion
- AHL Morning Skate: May 31
- Crunch-Penguins on NHL Network Radio
- Andersson, Nyquist, Pearce to Griffins
- WBS Penguins add first-rounder Pouliot