Marlies roll again, take 2-0 series lead
Brandon Kozun scored twice and Toronto went 3-for-8 on the power play, grabbing a commanding 2-0 series lead with a 5-2 victory over Milwaukee at the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Saturday night.
The Marlies will have three opportunities on home ice to close out the series, beginning Thursday night.
Sam Carrick notched his third goal of the series, Korbinian Holzer and Jerry D'Amigo tallied a goal and an assist each, and Drew MacIntyre turned aside 28 shots for Toronto, which has won nine of its last 14 road playoff games.
The Admirals got goals from Calle Jarnkrok and Bryan Rodney, but fell to 1-9 in their last 10 postseason contests.
Marek Mazanec finished with 36 saves as Milwaukee was outshot by a 41-30 margin.
Western Conference Quarterfinals – Series “G” (best-of-5)
3-Toronto Marlies vs. 6-Milwaukee Admirals
Game 1 – Fri., Apr. 25 – Toronto 6, MILWAUKEE 2
Game 2 – Sat., Apr. 26 – Toronto 5, MILWAUKEE 2
Game 3 – Thu., May 1 – Milwaukee at Toronto, 7:00
*Game 4 – Sat., May 3 – Milwaukee at Toronto, 3:00
*Game 5 – Sun., May 4 – Milwaukee at Toronto, 3:00
*if necessary... All times Eastern
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions