Marlies sign MacIntyre to tryout
The Toronto Marlies announced Wednesday that the team has signed goaltender Drew MacIntyre to a professional tryout contract.
MacIntyre, 29, has played in 284 career American Hockey League games with Grand Rapids, Manitoba, Milwaukee, Chicago, Hamilton and Rochester, and ranks 19th in AHL history in wins (150-97-15, 15 shutouts). He was named a Second Team AHL All-Star in both 2007-08 and 2008-09, and participated in the 2008 AHL All-Star Classic.
The 6-foot-1, 184-pound native of Charlottetown, P.E.I., has appeared in 10 games this season with Reading of the ECHL, posting a 6-3-1 record, a 1.93 goals-against average and a .931 save percentage.
- Field of 16 set for Calder Cup Playoffs
- Stars' Morin takes AHL MVP honors
- Playoff Primer: Apr. 18
- Rookie year going right for Rattie
- Perseverance pays off for Van Guilder
- Neilson named AHL Man of the Year
- Allen nabs Bastien Award as top goalie
- Stars lock up overall points crown