Marlies sign MacIntyre to tryout
The Toronto Marlies announced Wednesday that the team has signed goaltender Drew MacIntyre to a professional tryout contract.
MacIntyre, 29, has played in 284 career American Hockey League games with Grand Rapids, Manitoba, Milwaukee, Chicago, Hamilton and Rochester, and ranks 19th in AHL history in wins (150-97-15, 15 shutouts). He was named a Second Team AHL All-Star in both 2007-08 and 2008-09, and participated in the 2008 AHL All-Star Classic.
The 6-foot-1, 184-pound native of Charlottetown, P.E.I., has appeared in 10 games this season with Reading of the ECHL, posting a 6-3-1 record, a 1.93 goals-against average and a .931 save percentage.
- Grant hoping to secure Sabres roster spot
- Brossoit determined to find NHL form
- Lagace off to strong start in camp
- Adrian Kempe preparing for a statement season
- From Croatia, Rendulic hopes to make history
- Scherbak is out to earn roster spot in Montreal
- Nathan Lieuwen out to prove how good he can be
- Dell, Grosenick hope to seize opportunity with Sharks