McNeill signs with Columbus
The Columbus Blue Jackets, parent club of the AHL's Springfield Falcons, have signed defenseman Patrick McNeill to a one-year, two-way contract for the 2013-14 season.
McNeill, 26, was selected in the fourth round by Washington in the 2005 NHL Draft and has spent his six-year career in the Capitals organization. He has registered 33 goals and 119 assists for 152 points with 150 penalty minutes and a plus-37 rating in 325 career American Hockey League games with the Hershey Bears, winning the Calder Cup in 2009 and 2010.
Last season, McNeill tallied four goals and 13 assists for 17 points in 47 games with the Bears.
A native of Strathroy, Ont., McNeill set career highs for goals (10), assists (31) and points (41) with Hershey in 2011-12.
- Flames expecting big things from Baertschi
- Helmer reflects on epic career
- Monsters name Ladouceur assistant coach
- Wolves sign six-time All-Star Locke
- Bulldogs sign Hamilton native Schiestel
- VIDEO: Griffins' Calder Cup run (Part 3)
- Predators sign two-time AHL All-Star Rodney
- Griffins sign McIntyre to AHL pact