Meech re-signs with Texas
The Texas Stars, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars, announced today that the club has signed defenseman Derek Meech to a standard AHL contract for the 2014-15 season.
Meech, 30, returns for his second season with Texas, after joining the 2014 Calder Cup champions midway through the 2013-14 campaign. In 36 regular-season games with the Stars, the Winnipeg, Man., native scored two goals and added 15 assists. He recorded 11 points (three goals, eight assists) in 21 games during the 2014 Calder Cup Playoffs.
Drafted by the Detroit Red Wings in 2002, Meech enters his 11th professional season in 2014-15. He has skated in 392 career AHL games with Texas, St. John's and Grand Rapids, registering 32 goals and 112 assists for 144 points. Meech has also played 59 Calder Cup Playoff games, totaling seven goals and 16 assists, and was an AHL All-Star in 2007 and 2013.
Meech has appeared in 144 career NHL games with Detroit and Winnipeg, registering four goals and 13 assists for 17 points.
- Education, drug testing program implemented
- Providence, Boston extend affiliation
- 2014-15 AHL schedule unveiled
- Holland looking to make the leap
- Namestnikov enjoys NHLPA Rookie Showcase
- Khokhlachev ready for NHL shot
- Lehigh Valley signs Hextall to AHL deal
- Former AHL player coping with ALS