Milestone for Wolves' Mancari
Mark Mancari became the newest member of the AHL's 500-point club on Saturday night, reaching the milestone with the first of his two assists in the Wolves' 4-3 shootout win over the Iowa Wild at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill.
Mancari is the 87th player in AHL history to reach 500 career points.
A 28-year-old native of London, Ont., Mancari has eight goals and 13 assists with the Wolves this season. In 593 AHL games over nine seasons with Rochester (2005-08, 12-13), Portland (2008-11) and Chicago (2011-12, 13- ), Mancari has recorded 211 goals and 290 assists for 501 points.
A seven-time 20-goal scorer in his AHL career, Mancari was a First Team AHL All-Star in 2011 and played in the AHL All-Star Classic in 2008 and 2009. Originally drafted by Buffalo in 2004, Mancari has played 42 career NHL games with Buffalo and Vancouver, notching three goals and 10 assists.
- Hoffman named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Monthly award winners for January named
- Dogs' pound now FirstOntario Centre
- Sharks' Reid getting back on the right track
- Return to AHL not keeping Allen down
- Calder Cup winners boost Wings, Bolts
- All-Star Classic to reach 100 million homes
- AHL Highlights of the Week