Milwaukee adds Wisconsin native in trade
The Calgary Flames have acquired right wing Brian McGrattan from the Nashville Predators in exchange for defenseman Joe Piskula.
The Flames have assigned McGrattan to the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League, while Piskula has been assigned to the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals.
McGrattan has played six AHL games with Milwaukee this season along with two NHL contests with Nashville. The 11th-year pro has totaled three goals, 13 assists and 456 penalty minutes in 214 career NHL games with Nashville, Calgary, Phoenix and Ottawa, as well as 35 goals and 27 assists for 62 points along with 1,210 PIM in 262 AHL games with Milwaukee, Syracuse, Providence, San Antonio and Binghamton. McGrattan owns the single-season AHL record for penalty minutes with 551 in 2004-05.
Piskula, a Wisconsin native, heads to Milwaukee having tallied two goals and eight assists in 46 games with Abbotsford this season. The sixth-year pro has totaled eight goals and 62 assists for 70 points, along with a plus-42 rating, in 370 AHL games with Abbotsford and Manchester. He has also appeared in 10 career NHL games with Calgary and Los Angeles.
- Hartford drops Albany 3-1 in first of preseason
- 2014 preseason schedule and results
- Falcons ink defenseman Ponich
- Victor Rask hearing good things from 'Canes
- Varone focused on proving people wrong
- Falcons equipment manager reaching 3,000 games
- Fans win in first game at PPL Center
- Worcester signs defenseman Taormina