Milwaukee signs Madison native Winchester
The Milwaukee Admirals announced Tuesday that the team has signed Madison native and University of Wisconsin alum Brad Winchester to a professional tryout contract.
A veteran of nearly 400 NHL contests, Winchester played last season with the San Jose Sharks where he totaled six goals and four assists for 10 points in 67 contests.
In his NHL career Winchester has scored 37 goals, dished out 31 assists and amassed 552 penalty minutes in 390 games with the Sharks, Anaheim Ducks, St. Louis Blues, Dallas Stars and Edmonton Oilers.
Winchester played at UW from 1999 through 2003 and collected 84 points (40g, 44a). He was drafted by Edmonton in the second round of the 2000 NHL Entry Draft and saw time in the AHL with Toronto/Edmonton, Hamilton, Iowa and Peoria, setting a career high with 26 goals for the Bulldogs in 2005-06.
- Comets open West Finals with 2-1 win
- AHL Morning Skate: May 24
- Monarchs too much for Pack again
- Benning pleased with what he sees in Utica
- AHL Morning Skate: May 23
- Weal leading Monarchs towards ultimate goal
- Griffins sign first-rounder Larkin to ATO
- Monarchs hang on to win Game 1