Milwaukee signs Madison native Winchester
The Milwaukee Admirals announced Tuesday that the team has signed Madison native and University of Wisconsin alum Brad Winchester to a professional tryout contract.
A veteran of nearly 400 NHL contests, Winchester played last season with the San Jose Sharks where he totaled six goals and four assists for 10 points in 67 contests.
In his NHL career Winchester has scored 37 goals, dished out 31 assists and amassed 552 penalty minutes in 390 games with the Sharks, Anaheim Ducks, St. Louis Blues, Dallas Stars and Edmonton Oilers.
Winchester played at UW from 1999 through 2003 and collected 84 points (40g, 44a). He was drafted by Edmonton in the second round of the 2000 NHL Entry Draft and saw time in the AHL with Toronto/Edmonton, Hamilton, Iowa and Peoria, setting a career high with 26 goals for the Bulldogs in 2005-06.
- AHL Plays of the Week: April 29, 2016
- Reign, Gulls to meet in second round
- Gulls use special teams to snuff out Stars
- Reign advance with Game 4 win
- AHL Morning Skate: April 29
- Marlies-Devils to get underway Wednesday
- Gulls hand Stars big loss in Game 3
- Kempe scores twice in Reign win