Monarchs wrap up Atlantic Division
Linden Vey scored two goals to help the Manchester Monarchs shut out the Portland Pirates, 4-0, at the Verizon Wireless Arena on Saturday night, clinching their third Atlantic Division title in the team’s 13-year history.
Manchester (47-19-2-6) leads the Atlantic Division with 102 points. The Monarchs can clinch the top seed in the Eastern Conference with a win at Providence on Sunday.
Jordan Weal and Brayden McNabb also scored for the Monarchs, while J.F. Berube (27-16-2) earned his third shutout of the season, stopping 23 shots.
The Monarchs, who have missed the playoffs only once in their 13 AHL seasons, also won their division in 2005 and 2007.
- Start of Flames era has Glens Falls buzzing
- NHL taste has Hishon eager to return
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team