New Jersey acquires Timmins
The New Jersey Devils, parent club of the AHL's Albany Devils, have traded forward Krys Barch and a seventh-round pick in 2015 to the Florida Panthers for forward Scott Timmins and a sixth-round pick in 2014.
Timmins, 24, was a sixth-round pick in the 2009 NHL Draft. He has played 24 career NHL games for the Panthers, including five during the 2012-13 campaign, and has one goal and no assists.
Timmins had 11 goals and 13 assists for 24 points in 65 games for San Antonio in the American Hockey League last season. Over three AHL seasons with San Antonio and Rochester, Timmins has registered 32 goals and 41 assists for 73 points in 180 games played.
- Start of Flames era has Glens Falls buzzing
- NHL taste has Hishon eager to return
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team