Newbury notches 500th AHL point
Hershey Bears forward Kris Newbury became the 88th player in American Hockey League history with 500 career points on Friday night, reaching the milestone with an assist on a goal by Dane Byers in the second period of the Bears' 4-0 victory at Manchester.
Newbury, a 32-year-old native of Brampton, Ont., now has 164 goals and 336 assists for 500 points in 670 career AHL games with Hershey, the Adirondack Phantoms, the Hartford Wolf Pack/Connecticut Whale, the Grand Rapids Griffins, the Toronto Marlies and the St. John's Maple Leafs over his 12 professional seasons.
Originally drafted by San Jose in 2002, Newbury has also appeared in 76 career National Hockey League contests with Philadelphia, the New York Rangers, Detroit and Toronto.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions