Norfolk signs Eminger
The Norfolk Admirals announced Friday that the team has signed defenseman Steve Eminger to an AHL contract.
Eminger, 30, joins the Admirals after having cleared AHL waivers. He logged two assists in 25 appearances with CSKA Moscow of the KHL earlier this season.
Last season, the 6-foot-2, 207-pound blueliner played in 35 regular-season games and 11 postseason contests for the NHL's New York Rangers. Eminger brings a wealth of NHL experience to Norfolk, having totaled 99 points (19g, 80a) and 350 penalty minutes in 488 career games with Washington, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Florida, Anaheim and the Rangers.
The Woodbridge, Ont., native was a first-round draft selection of the Washington Capitals in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. Eminger has appeared in 107 career AHL games for Portland and Connecticut, and was an AHL All-Star Classic participant in 2005.
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Agozzino 'staying hungry' with the Monsters
- Pedan keeping it simple with the Sound Tigers
- Boychuk, Terry help make a point for the 'Canes