Oberg joins Wolves
The Chicago Wolves announced Monday that they have signed defenseman and 2012 Calder Cup champion and 2013 Calder Cup finalist Evan Oberg.
Oberg posted nine assists and 20 penalty minutes in 56 games with the American Hockey League’s Syracuse Crunch last season. He also skated in four postseason contests with the Crunch last year, all during the 2013 Calder Cup Finals.
The 25-year-old defenseman compiled seven goals, 18 assists and 25 points in 54 AHL tilts with San Antonio and Norfolk in 2011-12, and ranked second among team blueliners with 10 points (2g, 8a) in 18 playoff contests en route to helping the Admirals claim the 2012 Calder Cup Championship.
Overall, Oberg has accumulated 17 goals, 56 assists and 73 points in 223 career AHL outings with Manitoba, Rochester, San Antonio, Norfolk and Syracuse. He also has appeared in seven National Hockey League games with Vancouver and Tampa Bay.
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa