Oilers recall O'Marra from OKC
The Edmonton Oilers recalled forward Ryan O'Marra the Oklahoma City Barons, Oilers General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today.
O’Marra, a 6-foot-2, 220-pounder from Mississagua, Ont., is in his second season with the Barons. He has played in 20 games this season, recording eight points (4-4-8) and serving 40 penalty minutes.
He has appeared in 24 NHL games, all with Edmonton, scoring six points (1-5-6). This is his first call-up this season.
O'Marra was originally a first-round draft choice (15th overall) by the New York Islanders in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- Cracknell heads back to the Wolves
- Brennan returns to Toronto
- Adam relishing opportunity with Springfield
- Poirier solid in NHL debut with Calgary
- Raanta upbeat about return to Rockford
- Bakersfield will remain the Condors in the AHL
- Monarchs play year's biggest game vs. Jumbos
- Greening more confident after stint in AHL