Oilers recall O'Marra from OKC
The Edmonton Oilers recalled forward Ryan O'Marra the Oklahoma City Barons, Oilers General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today.
O’Marra, a 6-foot-2, 220-pounder from Mississagua, Ont., is in his second season with the Barons. He has played in 20 games this season, recording eight points (4-4-8) and serving 40 penalty minutes.
He has appeared in 24 NHL games, all with Edmonton, scoring six points (1-5-6). This is his first call-up this season.
O'Marra was originally a first-round draft choice (15th overall) by the New York Islanders in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- 2015-16 schedule released
- Cracknell heads to Vancouver organization
- IceCaps sign former Blackhawks pick Brown
- Former AHL standout Maki passes away
- Nehring signs AHL deal with Hartford
- Comets announce third jersey
- Devils name Rissmiller development coach
- Eakins: "We want to put this team on the map"