Oilers recall O'Marra from OKC
The Edmonton Oilers recalled forward Ryan O'Marra the Oklahoma City Barons, Oilers General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today.
O’Marra, a 6-foot-2, 220-pounder from Mississagua, Ont., is in his second season with the Barons. He has played in 20 games this season, recording eight points (4-4-8) and serving 40 penalty minutes.
He has appeared in 24 NHL games, all with Edmonton, scoring six points (1-5-6). This is his first call-up this season.
O'Marra was originally a first-round draft choice (15th overall) by the New York Islanders in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- Rookie Hudon makes it look easy
- Canucks, Islanders make trade
- Pastrnak youngest in both AHL and NHL
- Sissons set for super sophomore season
- Checkers to return to Coliseum in 2015-16
- AHL announces suspension
- Hellebuyck named Player of the Week
- AHL mourns passing of Pat Quinn