Oilers recall O'Marra from OKC
The Edmonton Oilers recalled forward Ryan O'Marra the Oklahoma City Barons, Oilers General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today.
O’Marra, a 6-foot-2, 220-pounder from Mississagua, Ont., is in his second season with the Barons. He has played in 20 games this season, recording eight points (4-4-8) and serving 40 penalty minutes.
He has appeared in 24 NHL games, all with Edmonton, scoring six points (1-5-6). This is his first call-up this season.
O'Marra was originally a first-round draft choice (15th overall) by the New York Islanders in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- A record rookie season
- Helmer named Hershey's VP of Hockey Operations
- Doug Soetaert named GM of Roadrunners
- T.J. Hensick signs with Ontario
- LaBarbera named WHL goaltending coach
- Monsters' coach signs two-year extention
- Brian Sandy named President of Tucson Roadrunners
- Kevin Dean named head coach of Providence