Oilers recall O'Marra from OKC
The Edmonton Oilers recalled forward Ryan O'Marra the Oklahoma City Barons, Oilers General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today.
O’Marra, a 6-foot-2, 220-pounder from Mississagua, Ont., is in his second season with the Barons. He has played in 20 games this season, recording eight points (4-4-8) and serving 40 penalty minutes.
He has appeared in 24 NHL games, all with Edmonton, scoring six points (1-5-6). This is his first call-up this season.
O'Marra was originally a first-round draft choice (15th overall) by the New York Islanders in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- Nathan Walker aims to be first Australian in NHL
- AHL proud of player/coach development
- #AHLFanFridays: Apollo Wood
- Avalanche name Bednar head coach
- Mantha pushing for a spot on Detroit's roster
- Philip McRae inks with Hartford
- Shinkaruk has eyes on full-time gig with Flames
- Roadrunners sign pair of defenseman