Omark scores in OT to lift Barons
(okcbarons.com) -- Linus Omark scored 32 seconds into overtime as the Oklahoma City Barons defeated the Texas Stars 2-1 Tuesday evening at the Cox Convention Center.
Barons goaltender Richard Bachman faced his former team and turned away 22 of the 23 shots he faced on the evening.
Omark’s goal was his first of the season and assisted by Taylor Fedun and Brad Hunt.
Oklahoma City (2-3-0-0) got the game’s first goal as Andrew Miller recorded his first AHL goal just 50 seconds into the second period. Miller’s power-play goal was assisted by C.J. Stretch and Joel Broda.
The Stars (1-1-1-0) tied the game late in the third as Colton Sceviour scored his second of the year. The Barons peppered Stars goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp with 36 total shots on the night; Oklahoma City outshot the Stars 16-3 in the third period and the only shot of overtime was Omark’s game-winner.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things