Ottawa recalls Hoffman from Binghamton
The Ottawa Senators today recalled forward Mike Hoffman from the club's American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.
Hoffman, 23, was one of 27 players who participated in the Senators' abbreviated training camp this past January. In 41 AHL games with Binghamton this season, the Kitchener, Ont., native has recorded 28 points (13 goals, 15 assists) and 38 penalty minutes. He currently ranks third among active B-Sens in goals and is tied for third in overall team scoring.
Originally selected by Ottawa in the fifth round (130th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Hoffman has skated in one NHL contest for the Senators and was held scoreless in a 2-1 setback at Carolina on Dec. 23, 2011.
- 2015 All-Star tickets to go on sale
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension