Ottawa recalls Hoffman from Binghamton
The Ottawa Senators today recalled forward Mike Hoffman from the club's American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.
Hoffman, 23, was one of 27 players who participated in the Senators' abbreviated training camp this past January. In 41 AHL games with Binghamton this season, the Kitchener, Ont., native has recorded 28 points (13 goals, 15 assists) and 38 penalty minutes. He currently ranks third among active B-Sens in goals and is tied for third in overall team scoring.
Originally selected by Ottawa in the fifth round (130th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Hoffman has skated in one NHL contest for the Senators and was held scoreless in a 2-1 setback at Carolina on Dec. 23, 2011.
- AHL players making NHL debuts
- Checkers' Staal joins brothers in Carolina
- Barons' Davidson values health, hockey
- Iowa Wild name Frederickson team president
- P-Bruins support The One Fund Boston
- Larsen "proud" heading into playoffs
- Blues, Wolves announce affiliation
- AHL Weekly Release