Panthers acquire Wellman
The Florida Panthers, parent club of the AHL's San Antonio Rampage, announced that they have acquired forward Casey Wellman from the New York Rangers in exchange for Florida’s fifth-round selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Wellman, 24, recorded 23 goals and 24 assists for 47 points in 57 AHL games between Houston and Connecticut in 2011-12. He also tied for the Whale's team lead in postseason scoring with nine points (4g, 5a) in nine Calder Cup Playoff games.
As a rookie in 2010-11, Wellman registered 14 goals and 21 assists for 35 points in 42 regular-season games along with six goals and five assists for 11 points in 24 playoff games to help Houston reach the Calder Cup Finals.
Wellman has notched four goals and nine assists in 41 career NHL games, all with Minnesota.
The Brentwood, Calif., native played two collegiate seasons (2008-10) at UMass-Amherst.
- Griffins rally to oust Marlies
- Griffins, Barons to meet in West Finals
- Kearns a lesson in perseverance
- Potential schedules announced for East finals
- AHL Morning Skate: May 21
- Oklahoma disaster relief: How to help
- Devastation hits close to home for Barons
- Thiessen, Penguins push Bruins to limit