Panthers agree to terms with Pinizzotto
The Florida Panthers, NHL affiliate of the American Hockey League's San Antonio Rampage, have agreed to terms with center Steve Pinizzotto on a one-year, two-way contract.
Pinizzotto made his National Hockey League debut last season and appeared in 12 regular-season games with Vancouver, recording no points and 29 penalty minutes. He also appeared in one Stanley Cup Playoff contest with the Canucks, and skated in 24 AHL games with Chicago, recording four goals and eight assists for 12 points.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pound forward recorded career highs in goals (17), points (42) and PIM (178) during the 2010-11 campaign while playing for Hershey (AHL). The Toronto native won back-to-back Calder Cup titles with Hershey in 2009 and 2010, and has played 234 career AHL games with Hershey and Chicago, totaling 38 goals and 72 assists for 110 points along with 408 PIM.
- AHL to host Färjestad in '14 All-Star Classic
- Wolves sign Harper
- Jets prospect Telegin ready to fly
- Spott, Marlies prepare for youth infusion
- Uher makes adjustments after tough season
- AHL joins with PCG for sponsorship development
- Kostopoulos returning to WBS
- Helmer's remarkable journey