Panthers sign DeSantis
The Florida Panthers, parent club of the AHL's San Antonio Rampage, have agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with defenseman Jason DeSantis.
DeSantis, 26, played in 66 games with the St. John’s IceCaps (AHL) last season, ranking third on the club with 43 points (11 goals, 32 assists) and recording 58 penalty minutes. Among all AHL defensemen, he tied for second in power-play goals (eight) and ranked third in power-play points (28).
The 5-foot-11, 185-pound blueliner also appeared in 10 games in the 2012 Calder Cup Playoffs, tallying three assists.
The Oxford, Mich., native has played in 151 career AHL contests for Philadelphia (2007-09), Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (2010-11) and St. John’s (2011-12), totaling 13 goals and 57 assists for 70 points. Prior to turning pro, DeSantis played four years of college hockey at Ohio State University (2004-08).
- AHL Plays of the Week: Nov. 27, 2015
- #AHLOTB: Marlies get boost from Arcobello
- Door opens for Hellebuyck with Jets
- AHL announces suspension
- NHL.com: All-Star Challenge to be a fun twist
- #AHLOTB: Blue-collar Elson paying his dues
- Griffins' Jurco named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Wolves' Anderson earns 400th AHL win