Panthers sign DeSantis
The Florida Panthers, parent club of the AHL's San Antonio Rampage, have agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with defenseman Jason DeSantis.
DeSantis, 26, played in 66 games with the St. John’s IceCaps (AHL) last season, ranking third on the club with 43 points (11 goals, 32 assists) and recording 58 penalty minutes. Among all AHL defensemen, he tied for second in power-play goals (eight) and ranked third in power-play points (28).
The 5-foot-11, 185-pound blueliner also appeared in 10 games in the 2012 Calder Cup Playoffs, tallying three assists.
The Oxford, Mich., native has played in 151 career AHL contests for Philadelphia (2007-09), Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (2010-11) and St. John’s (2011-12), totaling 13 goals and 57 assists for 70 points. Prior to turning pro, DeSantis played four years of college hockey at Ohio State University (2004-08).
- Nylander's hat trick lifts Marlies in Game 4
- Vincent named Moose head coach
- AHL Morning Skate: May 27
- Monsters heading to Calder Cup Finals
- Bears rookie Bowey has come a long way
- Marlies-Bears Game 4 on SiriusXM
- AHL Morning Skate: May 26
- Bears dismantle Marlies, go up 3-0