Panthers sign Matsumoto, Gilroy
The Florida Panthers, parent club of the AHL's San Antonio Rampage, announced today that the club has agreed to terms with center Jon Matsumoto and defenseman Matt Gilroy on one-year, two way contracts.
Matusmoto, 26, played 65 AHL games in 2012-13 between Worcester and Chicago, amassing 15 goals and 18 assists for 33 points. Matsumoto has topped the 20-goal mark five times in six AHL seasons, and has recorded 139 goals and 175 assists for 314 points in 457 games with Philadelphia/Adirondack, Charlotte, San Antonio, Worcester and Chicago.
A native of Ottawa, Ont., Matsumoto also has two goals in 14 career NHL games with Carolina and Florida. He was originally drafted by Philadelphia in the third round of the 2006 NHL Draft.
Gilroy, 28, played 34 AHL games with Connecticut in 2012-13, notching six goals and nine assists, and also skated in 15 NHL games with the New York Rangers. In four professional seasons, Gilroy has totaled 19 points (6g, 13a) in 39 AHL contests and 46 points (10g, 36a) in 209 NHL games with the Rangers, Ottawa and Tampa Bay.
The North Bellmore, N.Y., native was originally signed by the Rangers after four seasons at Boston University, where he won the Hobey Baker Award in 2009.
- Flames expecting big things from Baertschi
- Helmer reflects on epic career
- Monsters name Ladouceur assistant coach
- Wolves sign six-time All-Star Locke
- Bulldogs sign Hamilton native Schiestel
- VIDEO: Griffins' Calder Cup run (Part 3)
- Predators sign two-time AHL All-Star Rodney
- Griffins sign McIntyre to AHL pact