Panthers sign Mottau to one-year deal
The Florida Panthers, parent club of the AHL's San Antonio Rampage, have agreed to terms with defenseman Mike Mottau on a one-year, two-way contract.
Mottau spent the 2012-13 season in the AHL, appearing in 34 games split between San Antonio and Toronto and registering 14 assists and a plus-2 rating. Mottau also had one assist in seven playoff games with the Marlies.
The 13-year pro has played 497 career games in the AHL, totaling 47 goals and 246 assists for 293 points. He earned a spot on the AHL All-Rookie Team in 2000-01 and participated in the AHL All-Star Classic in 2001, 2002 and 2006.
A native of Quincy, Mass., Mottau has appeared in 313 NHL games, registering seven goals and 51 assists.
- Flames expecting big things from Baertschi
- Helmer reflects on epic career
- Monsters name Ladouceur assistant coach
- Wolves sign six-time All-Star Locke
- Bulldogs sign Hamilton native Schiestel
- VIDEO: Griffins' Calder Cup run (Part 3)
- Predators sign two-time AHL All-Star Rodney
- Griffins sign McIntyre to AHL pact