Pasquale named Player of the Week
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that St. John’s IceCaps goaltender Eddie Pasquale has been selected as the Reebok/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Feb. 12, 2012.
Pasquale made three starts last week and stopped 83 of 87 shots, earning three wins and helping the IceCaps into first place in the overall AHL standings.
Pasquale began the week by leading St. John’s to a two-game sweep of Providence on Feb. 7-8, making 29 saves in a 2-0 shutout win and then turning aside 36 of 37 shots in a 2-1 overtime victory. Pasquale then registered 18 saves to preserve a 4-3 IceCaps win over Binghamton on Feb. 11, extending his personal winning streak to six games. Pasquale finished the week with a 3-0-0 record, a 1.32 goals-against average and a .954 save percentage.
A 21-year-old native of Toronto, Pasquale is in his second professional season after being drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in 2009 (fourth round). He owns a record of 14-6-0 with two shutouts in 20 appearances for St. John’s this season, along with a 2.59 GAA and a .907 save percentage.
In recognition of his achievement, Pasquale will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming IceCaps home game.
Also see: Past winners, AHL Player of the Week
- Grant hoping to secure Sabres roster spot
- Brossoit determined to find NHL form
- Lagace off to strong start in camp
- Adrian Kempe preparing for a statement season
- From Croatia, Rendulic hopes to make history
- Scherbak is out to earn roster spot in Montreal
- Nathan Lieuwen out to prove how good he can be
- Dell, Grosenick hope to seize opportunity with Sharks