Penguins clinch 12th straight berth
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins secured their 12th consecutive trip to the Calder Cup Playoffs and regained the lead in the AHL's East Division with a 2-1 win over Binghamton on Saturday night.
The Penguins own a two-point lead over the Senators atop the division entering the final week of the regular season. The teams meet again in Binghamton on Friday night.
Carter Rowney scored shorthanded in the final minute of the second period and Scott Harrington netted the game-winning goal with 11:46 to play in the third.
Not having missed the playoffs since 2002, Wilkes-Barre matches Milwaukee for the longest active streak in the AHL at 12 years.
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa