Phantoms add depth with Knapp, Flemming
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms have announced that goaltender Connor Knapp and defenseman Brett Flemming have been signed to AHL contracts for the 2014-15 season.
Knapp, 24, is a third-year pro out of Miami University. The York, N.Y., native has appeared in 10 AHL games with Rochester over the past two seasons, going 1-9-0 with a 3.55 goals-against average and an .887 save percentage. He made his NHL debut with Buffalo last season, appearing in two games with the Sabres and stopping 28 of 32 shots in 77 minutes of work (0-0-1, 3.12, .875).
Knapp, a sixth-round draft choice by Buffalo in 2009, has spent the majority of his carer in the ECHL, appearing in 41 games between Greenville, Florida and Alaska.
Flemming, 23, has appeared in 36 AHL games over three pro seasons, all with Hershey, registering two goals and four assists. He has played 143 games in the ECHL with South Carolina and Reading, totaling 46 points and a plus-25 rating.
Flemming won an ECHL championship with Reading in 2013. He was selected by Washington in the fifth round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH