Phantoms agree to terms with Fyten
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, announced Wednesday that they have agreed to terms with left wing Austin Fyten to an AHL contract for the 2014-15 season.
Fyten, 23, is a 6-foot-2, 200-pound native of Sundre, Alta., entering his third season of professional hockey.
Fyten appeared in 47 regular-season AHL games with Oklahoma City in 2013-14, recording seven goals and 13 assists for 20 points along with a plus-7 rating. He added a goal and an assist in three Calder Cup Playoff contests. Fyten also tallied 15 points (9g, 6a) in 15 ECHL games with Idaho last season.
Fyten has totaled seven goals and 15 assists for 22 points in 58 career AHL outings.
- 2014 preseason schedule set
- Bulldogs' ice maker keeps his cool
- Jurco hoping to stick in Detroit
- Meech overcame health scare to win Cup
- Allen returns to Rampage, reunites with Rowe
- Travis Morin's day with the Cup
- Devils add Cunniff to coaching staff
- Stolarz coming off strong junior season