Pirates get Bodie from Anaheim
The Portland Pirates have received right wing Troy Bodie on loan from the NHL's Anaheim Ducks.
Bodie, a 6-foot-4, 213-pound native of Portage la Prairie, Man., was in his first year with the AHL's Norfolk Admirals. In 47 games with Norfolk this season, the 28-year-old Bodie registered four goals and eight assists to go with 111 penalty minutes.
Bodie has played 107 NHL games for Anaheim and Carolina over his career, tallying six goals and five assists to go with 141 penalty minutes. In parts of seven AHL seasons, Bodie has played in 301 games, registering 41 goals and 45 assists to go with 528 penalty minutes.
Bodie was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the ninth round of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa