Pirates sign winger K. Hagel
The Portland Pirates have signed left wing Kyle Hagel to an American Hockey League contract for the 2013-14 season.
Hagel, a 6-foot-1, 210-pound native of Hamilton, Ont., spent the entire 2012-13 season with the Hamilton Bulldogs, scoring two goals and adding four assists with 172 penalty minutes in 67 games.
Hagel has spent parts of five seasons in the American Hockey League, playing for Rochester, Rockford, Peoria and Hamilton. He registered AHL career highs with five goals, eight assists, 13 points and 245 PIM with Rockford in 2010-11.
Hagel, 28, played four seasons (2004-08) at Princeton University. He has totaled seven goals and 13 assists for 20 points, along with 473 penalty minutes, in 163 career AHL games.
- Bolts forwards have a lot on the line
- 2013 preseason schedule set
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Depth could mean goals for Devils
- Aware of situation, Allen still trying to impress
- Phantoms sign VandeVelde, Clarkson
- Milwaukee signs four to AHL contracts
- Remembering 9/11