Pirates sign winger K. Hagel
The Portland Pirates have signed left wing Kyle Hagel to an American Hockey League contract for the 2013-14 season.
Hagel, a 6-foot-1, 210-pound native of Hamilton, Ont., spent the entire 2012-13 season with the Hamilton Bulldogs, scoring two goals and adding four assists with 172 penalty minutes in 67 games.
Hagel has spent parts of five seasons in the American Hockey League, playing for Rochester, Rockford, Peoria and Hamilton. He registered AHL career highs with five goals, eight assists, 13 points and 245 PIM with Rockford in 2010-11.
Hagel, 28, played four seasons (2004-08) at Princeton University. He has totaled seven goals and 13 assists for 20 points, along with 473 penalty minutes, in 163 career AHL games.
- NHL taste has Hishon eager to return
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record