Predators assign Smith to Milwaukee
The Nashville Predators announced today that the club has assigned forward Craig Smith to the Milwaukee Admirals on a conditioning assignment.
Smith has nine points (three goals, six assists) in 30 games this season for Nashville, with all but one of those points (an assist) coming in his last 15 games. The Madison, Wis., native has played in 102 career NHL contests, but has yet to appear in an American Hockey League game.
Smith posted 76 points (27g, 49a) in 82 games at the University of Wisconsin from 2009-11 and joins former Badgers and Wisconsin natives Brad Winchester and Joe Piskula on the Admirals roster.
Smith, 23, was a fourth-round pick by Nashville in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
- Senators find right mix of youth, leadership
- Griffins recognized by Gameops.com
- Blackhawks, Rangers make trade
- Wolves honored for game operations
- Kristo embraces leadership role as a rookie
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Five years in, Morin a Texas Stars institution
- Wild making community impact