Predators sign two-time AHL All-Star Rodney
The Nashville Predators, National Hockey League affiliate of the AHL’s Milwaukee Admirals, have signed defenseman Bryan Rodney to a one-year, two-way contract worth $550,000 at the NHL level and $120,000 at the AHL level.
Rodney spent the 2012-13 season with the AHL’s Manchester Monarchs, notching four goals and 11 assists for 15 points in 44 games.
Rodney has played 350 AHL games with Hartford, Albany, Charlotte, Syracuse, Oklahoma City and Manchester, registering 34 goals and 147 assists for 181 points. In 2010-11, he served as captain of the Charlotte Checkers (AHL) and was named to his second consecutive AHL All-Star Classic. He finished among the league’s top 10 defensemen in assists (38) and points (47).
The London, Ont., native played five seasons in the Ontario Hockey League from 2000-05, amassing 234 points (47 goals, 187 assists) with Ottawa, Kingston and London.
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension
- Williams spreads winning wisdom
- Portland signs Bissonnette to PTO
- Bibeau's solid start not a surprise