Rallo returning to Stars
The 2014 Calder Cup champion Texas Stars, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars, announced today that the club has signed forward Greg Rallo to a standard AHL contract for the 2014-15 season.
Rallo, 32, played for Texas during the team’s first two seasons in 2009-10 and 2010-11. In 147 games with the Stars, he posted 98 points (45 goals, 53 assists) and led the team in scoring with 54 points during the 2010-11 season.
The Gurnee, Ill., native spent the last three seasons with the Florida Panthers organization, playing in 207 games for the San Antonio Rampage. In 2013-14, Rallo collected 34 points (10 goals, 24 assists) in 69 appearances.
The veteran forward enters his ninth season of professional hockey in 2014-15, and has totaled 111 goals and 126 assists for 237 points in 457 regular-season AHL contests with San Antonio, Texas, Manitoba, Albany, Rockford and Iowa. He also has seven goals and 12 assists in 59 career Calder Cup Playoff games, reaching the Finals in 2009 (Manitoba) and 2010 (Texas).
Rallo has skated in 11 career NHL games, all with Florida, and tallied one goal.
- Education, drug testing program implemented
- Providence, Boston extend affiliation
- 2014-15 AHL schedule unveiled
- Holland looking to make the leap
- Namestnikov enjoys NHLPA Rookie Showcase
- Khokhlachev ready for NHL shot
- Lehigh Valley signs Hextall to AHL deal
- Former AHL player coping with ALS