Rampage ink forward Brine
San Antonio Rampage general manager Brad Treliving today announced that the Rampage have signed center David Brine to an AHL contract.
Brine, 25, joins the Rampage from the AHL’s Rochester Americans, where he spent the last four seasons, totaling 91 points (35-56-91) in 236 games. In 2009-10, Brine tallied 32 points (14-18-32) in 69 games with the Amerks. During the 2007-08 season, he appeared in nine games with the Florida Panthers of the National Hockey League, posting one assist.
Last season, Brine appeared in seven playoff games with the Amerks, recording one assist. In addition, he appeared in nine playoff games with the Manitoba Moose (AHL) during the 2005-06 season, tallying one assist.
The Truro, Nova Scotia native split the 2006-07 season between Rochester and the Florida Everblades (ECHL) and tallied 30 points in 52 games with the Everblades.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pound center recorded 198 points (70-128-198) in 207 games with the Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), including 100 points in 70 games during his last season with the Mooseheads (2005-06).
- Victor Rask hearing good things from 'Canes
- Varone focused on proving people wrong
- Falcons equipment manager reaching 3,000 games
- Fans win in first game at PPL Center
- Worcester signs defenseman Taormina
- Johnson, Palat seek to build on breakout seasons
- Morin looking to contribute with Dallas
- AHL partners with Upper Deck