Rampage sign Janik to AHL deal
The San Antonio Rampage announced today that the club has signed defenseman Doug Janik to an AHL contract.
Janik has logged 190 NHL games in his 13-year professional career, tallying three goals and 16 assists with Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Montreal and Detroit.
The blueliner has also played in 591 AHL games and has recorded 39 goals and 151 assists for 190 points, skating for Rochester, Rockford, Hamilton and Grand Rapids.
Last season, the 6-foot, 213-pound defenseman played for Adler Mannheim in Germany and recorded 10 points (three goals, seven assists) in 40 games.
Janik was originally a second-round draft pick (55th overall) by the Buffalo Sabres in 1999.
- NHL taste has Hishon eager to return
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record