Rampage sign Janik to AHL deal
The San Antonio Rampage announced today that the club has signed defenseman Doug Janik to an AHL contract.
Janik has logged 190 NHL games in his 13-year professional career, tallying three goals and 16 assists with Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Montreal and Detroit.
The blueliner has also played in 591 AHL games and has recorded 39 goals and 151 assists for 190 points, skating for Rochester, Rockford, Hamilton and Grand Rapids.
Last season, the 6-foot, 213-pound defenseman played for Adler Mannheim in Germany and recorded 10 points (three goals, seven assists) in 40 games.
Janik was originally a second-round draft pick (55th overall) by the Buffalo Sabres in 1999.
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense