Rangers get N. Palmieri in deal with Wild
The New York Rangers have acquired forwards Darroll Powe and Nick Palmieri from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for forward Mike Rupp.
Palmieri, 23, has tallied 10 goals and 11 assists for 21 points in 40 games with Houston this season. The fourth-year pro has appeared in 182 career AHL games with Houston and Lowell/Albany, totaling 46 goals and 40 assists for 86 points.
Palmieri has also appeared in 87 career NHL games with New Jersey and Minnesota, registering 13 goals and 12 assists.
The native of Utica, N.Y., was a third-round draft choice by New Jersey in 2007.
Powe has played 294 games in the NHL after spending his rookie pro season with the AHL's Philadelphia Phantoms in 2007-08. Rupp, a veteran of 565 NHL games, skated in the AHL with Albany (2000-03) and Syracuse (2005-06).
- True North to expand MTS Iceplex
- Phantoms sign Rosehill to AHL deal
- IceHogs ink Dowell to tryout
- Red Wings will be excited with Blashill
- Morrow poised to push for spot in Boston
- Grimaldi looks back on historic twinbill
- AHL remembers Al Arbour
- #AHLFanFridays Week 6: The Feldmans