Rangers, Sharks swap forwards
The San Jose Sharks, parent club of the AHL's Worcester Sharks, have acquired forward Tommy Grant and a conditional seventh-round selection in the 2014 NHL Draft from the New York Rangers, parent club of the AHL's Connecticut Whale, in exchange for forward Brandon Mashinter.
Grant, 26, has posted nine goals and seven assists for 16 points in 34 games with Connecticut this season. As a rookie last season with Connecticut, the 6-foot-2, 195-pound native of North Vancouver, B.C., notched 23 points (11g, 12a) with 39 penalty minutes in 72 games. Grant made his pro debut with the Whale in 2011 after completing his senior season at the University of Alaska-Anchorage.
Mashinter, 24, played in 30 games this season with Worcester, posting two goals, three assists and 44 penalty minutes. The fourth-year pro had totaled 54 goals and 54 assists for 108 points, along with 324 PIM in 236 career AHL games, all with Worcester. In 2010-11, the native of Bradford, Ont., played 13 NHL games with San Jose, registering no points and 17 penalty minutes.
- AHL players making NHL debuts
- Penguins march on, force a Game 6
- Marlies send series back to Toronto
- AHL Morning Skate: May 18
- Crunch cruise into conference finals
- Griffins push Marlies to the brink
- Penguins stay alive with 3-1 win
- Tatar takes the lead as Griffins press on